As the owner of a plumbing business, you probably have a lot on your plate in terms of completing jobs and running your business. However, in order to get more leads for your business, local SEO is something that should be looked at for your benefit. Search engine optimization, also referred to as SEO for short, involves the process of optimizing your website to help it gain more visibility on search engines such as Google or Bing. As a local plumbing business, local SEO in particular is where you will find the most opportunities for gaining leads. So let’s dive into a little more about what local SEO is and why you need it for your plumbing business.
What is local SEO for plumbers?
Local SEO takes the same approach as SEO explained above but targets a particular geographic location. For example, if your plumbing business is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, you will want to target that region rather than Chicago, Illinois. The geographic region that your company does work in will be the region that you will want to target with local SEO. There are a couple of different elements that are taken into consideration when optimizing your plumbing website for local SEO. These elements include:
- Google My Business: Google allows businesses to create a free online business profile to give an information panel to any potential customer that finds you. On this profile, you will be able to list things such as your business name, address, phone number, hours of operations, and more. This is also where previous customers can leave your business reviews. It’s important that all of this information is up to date and reflects accurate hours of your business.
- Citations and Directories: Across the web, it’s likely that your business can be found in more than one place. These listings, also referred to as citations, typically include your business’s NAP information. NAP stands for name, address, and phone number which are all pertinent to your business. Google wants your business information to be accurate across the web which will in return build Google’s trust and confidence in your business. This leads to Google being more likely to display your business to any potential customer searching for plumbing services in your geographical area.
Why do you need local SEO as a plumber?
You may think what’s a few extra customers by doing all this work to optimize local SEO? We’re here to tell you that building your local SEO will bring far more than just a few more leads to your business. It is a long-term, sustainable marketing approach that can build your business and keep leads coming in with little to no upkeep for you as the owner. As a plumber, local SEO will bring you a variety of great benefits for your business. Some of the main benefits that you can experience are:
- Attract more customers at a fraction of the cost: Local SEO is powerful in that it will attract new customers to your business who are likely already in your business’s geographic region. While taking the time and a little bit of money to optimize for local SEO can seem like a lot, it’s nothing compared to the marketing budget you might spend on other forms of advertising.
- Increased traffic to your website: Once you optimize your local SEO, Google will be more likely to show your business as a search result to potential customers. This leads to an increase in traffic going to your website which inherently moves a person along in the buying process.
- Online visibility improved: As mentioned above when Google gains confidence and trust in your website through local SEO tactics, your business will have greater visibility on the internet. When someone is searching for plumbing services in your area, it’s likely that your business could be one of the top places shown in local listings.
- Gain a competitive edge in your industry: It’s likely that many other plumbers in your area may not be taking advantage of local SEO. If you get on board before they do and gain visibility, you will be able to gain a competitive edge in your industry.
Considering hiring someone for local SEO?
After explaining all of the benefits that come with local SEO, you might be thinking that they sound great, but you just don’t have that kind of time on your hands to dedicate to it. That’s where the professionals come into play. Here at Netvantage, our team specializes in plumber SEO and can help your business grow today. Learn more about our unique plumber SEO process and contact us if you are ready to get started.