Have you ever looked at your blog and wondered why you keep publishing great well-researched content but aren’t receiving any traffic? Well, you aren’t alone. Many people are in the same boat as you wondering what is wrong and where the visitors are at. If this is the case for your blog, there are a few tactics that you can implement to increase your blog traffic. It doesn’t have to be hard either – let’s take a look at what you can do to drive more traffic to your website’s blog.
Selecting the right content
Selecting the right content for your audience is crucial. Sure, you may have a stellar idea in your head that you meticulously researched for hours and hours, but at the end of the day, if it’s not something your audience is interested in, it’s no good. To remediate this issue, it’s important that you select content that is relevant and also separates you from the rest of the crowd. So how can you figure out if your content idea is something your audience will be interested in reading? Here are a couple of tools that are very useful for vetting your content ideas.
- Keyword Planner: You can use Google’s Keyword Planner to help find keywords for your content topic. You can easily put in your initial list of keyword ideas and this tool will provide you with search volumes and other relevant keywords. If you want to learn more about using Keyword Planner for finding content ideas, check out this post.
- SEMrush: If you have access to this tool, it can come in handy when it comes to content. You’re able to see insights about what your competitors are ranking for along with traffic estimates. This can help you select the right content to write about.
It isn’t always easy to come up with content ideas. If you are struggling to pick a topic to start your keyword research, check out our blog post on generating content ideas.
Improve your website
Have you ever landed on a webpage that takes forever to load the content or maybe right away you are bombarded with a popup to join the email list? Yeah, we’ve all been there before and both scenarios aren’t pleasant for the visitor. With that being said, taking a look at crucial site metrics is just as important for driving more traffic to your blog. Google takes many different aspects into play when ranking your content therefore, improving your site should be at the top of your list. A few useful tools that can be used to check the pulse of your website include:
- Google PageSpeed Insights: This Google tool allows you to enter a URL and it will examine this page to give you important data regarding page speed. There are many different aspects that could be bogging down your site speed and this tool will pinpoint these problem areas that should be fixed. It will also provide you these details for both the mobile and desktop versions of your website.
- Siteliner: This tool is helpful for identifying any areas of your site where there’s duplicate content, broken links, and more. It will provide a detailed report for you and even give you a comparison of how you line up against competitors. This is a great tool to use for improving your site.
- Screaming Frog: This is a great tool for checking on the technical aspects of your site. This web crawler will check for broken links, redirects, duplicate content, and more. The crawler will extract all of this data for you so you can further dive into the problem areas.
Make it easy to share your content
So, you do both of the above – spending time to research content your audience wants to read and improve your site, but the traffic is still not coming in as expected… If you don’t make it easy for someone to share your content, you are likely losing out on potential traffic. You should have sharing buttons such as social media links easily accessible for anyone to share your content. Identify the social media platforms that your audience uses the most and add those sharing buttons. If you aren’t sure about how to add these valuable sharing buttons, take a look at this article.
Still not generating the traffic you want to your blog?
These are just a few of the many tactics you can use to improve the amount of traffic you’re receiving on your blog. The list really could go on and on. If you are still struggling with getting your content out and generating traffic, we are here to help you. Our team of search marketing professionals here at Netvantage have many years of experiencing helping blogs grow and create killer content that your audience engages with. If you want to learn more about how we can help your blog gain the traffic you deserve, contact us today and we will be glad to talk to you about how we can help.
Leave a Reply