Michigan State University offers a Full-time MBA Program through their Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management’s full-time MBA Program at Michigan State University was using paid search and display banner ads to build awareness and attract prospective students to the program as they research nationally ranked MBA programs. The campaign was not performing well. Display and remarketing ads were not being effectively used, showing in sites that were not aligned with the Broad brand. Additionally, paid search keywords were all being treated as broad match, and thus not properly reaching prospective students researching MBA programs. The campaigns were costing the program thousands of dollars a month, in unqualified clicks.
- We evaluated the campaign and linked the Google AdWords account properly with the Google Analytics account to measure visitor retention levels.
- We poured through the actual search query reports of the keyword selection and eliminated hundreds of keywords that were generating low quality traffic at a high price.
- We reorganized ad groups, created tightly aligned ad groups with specific matched keywords, and wrote ad copy that was aligned with those keywords in order to increase relevancy, Quality Score, and click through rate.
- We cleaned up the Display campaign and created a digital media plan that was closely aligned with the Broad brand, only advertising on handpicked websites where prospective students spent time online.
- Decreased overall campaign costs by 64%.
- Click through rate across the campaign rose 19%.
- Improvement of average cost per click of $16.23.
- Paid search management