Daniel J. Derksen, DDS, PLLC is a dental office located in Lansing, Michigan offering preventative, restorative and cosmetic services.
Dr. Derksen approached Netvantage in 2014 after the company’s first website was created. Since the website was new, the dental office was not ranking for keywords related to their practice, thus not being found online.
- Created on-site recommendations for page titles, meta descriptions, and body copy based on keyword and competitor research.
- Optimized the Google My Business listing, including developing a strategy for obtaining reviews for the listing.
- Updated citations to use the correct business information or add a new listing to directories.
- Regularly created blog content for the website and guest blog posts.
- Attracted links from websites based on competitor research, local sponsorship opportunities and blog posts.
- Increased clients’ organic traffic year-to-year by over 500%.
- Improved and maintained the website’s Google rankings for dental keywords in Lansing and the surrounding cities.
- Obtained over 150 reviews on Google My Business and Facebook.
Grilla Grills is a manufacturer and online retailer of wood pellet and kamado grills.
Grilla Grills was a fairly new entrant into the world of grilling, and being new to the scene they weren’t ranking well for important organic keywords and instead were relying heavily on paid search to drive traffic to their site.
- We engaged a partner for public relations, Rogo Marketing & Communications.
- Through Rogo we targeted regional and national TV, radio, digital and print media.
- Netvantage provided on-site optimization to improve their visibility for high value terms like “wood pellet grill”, “pellet grill recipes” and “pellet grill”.
- Netvantage continually refined on page optimization and helped develop new content to target new keywords and attract links.
- Netvantage also strategically lowered paid search spending as organic visibility and traffic grew.
- Over the course of 10 months organic search grew from accounting for only 2.85% of sales to 44.5%, with transactions growing by 5,164%.
- As organic rankings and traffic increased, Netvantage was able to cut AdWords spending by 62% while increasing total transactions by 79%.
- In four months of public relations outreach we earned 10+ local, regional and national media opportunities and links on TV, radio, digital and print outlets.
TallySheet is a new garage sale cash register app for Android and iOS.
TallySheet was a brand new app targeted at a specific audience; the hosts of garage sales. The developers did a soft launch through various marketing tactics including paid search campaigns, blogger outreach and social media. Their initial experiments led them to gain a grant from the SBDC. They targeted that money towards marketing and PR. TallySheet needed to be fully launched prior to the garage sale season in the spring and summer of 2017.
- We engaged a partner for public relations, Rogo Marketing & Communications. Through Rogo we targeted local TV, radio, digital and print media and we identified and contacted bloggers and influencers in the DIY and tech spaces.
- Netvantage provided on-site optimization to improve their visibility for high value terms like “garage sale app” and “yard sale cash register.”
- Netvantage created and implemented a content strategy to increase visibility for people looking for advice on running a garage sale or tools to try to find garage sales.
- Secured 8 earned local media spots over 3 months.
- Secured 5 key blogger spots, both earned and paid, over 3 months.
- Distributed a national press release resulting in almost 300 links.
- Organic search traffic increased by 765% in three months.
- Website traffic to the App Store and Play Store increased by 400%.
- Agency Partnership
- PR and Marketing strategy consulting
- Public relations for local and national markets
- SEO Audit
- AdWords and App Store Search Ads support and consulting
Michigan State University offers a full-time MBA Program through their Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management’s full-time MBA Program at Michigan State University was using paid search and display banner ads to build awareness and attract prospective students to the program as they research nationally ranked MBA programs. The campaign was not performing well. Display and remarketing ads were not being effectively used, showing in sites that were not aligned with the Broad brand. Additionally, paid search keywords were all being treated as broad match, and thus not properly reaching prospective students researching MBA programs. The campaigns were costing the program thousands of dollars a month, in unqualified clicks.
- We evaluated the campaign and linked the Google AdWords account properly with the Google Analytics account to measure visitor retention levels.
- We poured through the actual search query reports of the keyword selection and eliminated hundreds of keywords that were generating low quality traffic at a high price.
- We reorganized ad groups, created tightly aligned ad groups with specific matched keywords, and wrote ad copy that was aligned with those keywords in order to increase relevancy, Quality Score, and click through rate.
- We cleaned up the Display campaign and created a digital media plan that was closely aligned with the Broad brand, only advertising on handpicked websites where prospective students spent time online.
- Decreased overall campaign costs by 64%.
- Click through rate across the campaign rose 19%.
- Improvement of average cost per click of $16.23.
Data Recovery Group
Data Recovery Group provides a variety of data recovery services for personal or business computers and electronic devices.
Google implemented a manual penalty on their website as a result of low quality inbound links to their site, resulting in them not showing up in search results for anything; even their brand name.
- Assembled a list of all backlinks to their site, including backlinks not recognized by Google.
- Developed a systematic and organized approach to removing or discrediting bad backlinks.
- Presented our work to Google in the form of a reconsideration request.
- Developed a future long term link building strategy that focused on quality over quantity.
- Google lifted the manual penalty after the first reconsideration request two weeks after the penalty was implemented.
- Search engine traffic numbers returned to where they were before the penalty and nearly all rankings remained unchanged.
America by Rail
America by Rail is a provider of train vacations primarily throughout North America. They also offer rail and sail vacation packages which combine train travel with cruises and have expanded their tours to Europe as well.
America by Rail was nowhere to be found in the search results for the primary keywords in their field when they first came to us in 2009.
- Performed an on-site audit and implemented SEO alterations to client’s page titles, headers, and body copy.
- Created link building content after researching topics that would be of interest to site visitors.
- Compared backlinks from similar sites to America by Rail’s links to find new link opportunities.
- Improved America by Rail’s rankings for main keywords including the top ranking for train tours.
- Increased clients’ organic traffic up to 100% year-to-year.
Autocam Medical is a manufacturer of precision machined medical components including implants, instruments and handpieces. They target a global audience and have locations across the United States and in Brazil.
Autocam Medical wanted to rank for a set number of highly searched and highly competitive keywords.
- Structured website to be optimized for highly searched keywords that were aligned to their target market.
- Developed and implemented a long term link building strategy.
- In 2011, Autocam Medical grew its organic traffic by 58% year-to-year.
- In 2012, Autocam Medical grew its organic traffic by 97% year-to-year.
- In 2013, Autocam Medical grew its organic traffic by 46% year-to-year.
Coldwell Banker Valley Brokers is a major real estate company in Corvallis, Oregon and the surrounding area.
Valley Brokers was not ranking well for highly searched real estate keywords. In addition, they wanted to set up a paid search campaign that would only target potential clients and would run on a tight budget.
- Took a close look at competitor backlinks.
- Used innovative link building strategies tailored to the real estate industry.
- Grew the occurrence and strength of citations.
- Developed Google AdWords campaigns uniquely designed for each of their target markets.
- With two years worth of Google Analytics data in the books, organic traffic was up 28% from the previous year.
- Organic search traffic to their three office location pages was up 110% from the previous year.
- Rankings for all target keywords continue to outrank local competitors.
PM Environmental is an environmental consulting firm with many regional offices across the United States. They provide clients with a number of services including compliance audits and environmental site assessments.
In an industry with national and international competitors, PM Environmental struggled to gain visibility within search results when potential clients would search for environmental consulting, phase I and phase II environmental site assessments and many of their other services.
- Perform an on-site audit to ensure the pages on the site were matched with the right keywords and were properly optimized to get Google’s attention.
- Create high value, unique content that could gain links from high authority websites like universities and other environmentally focused sites.
- Implement an aggressive outreach plan to encourage target sites to link to these new high-value resources.
- Despite only being a regional company, PM Environmental outranks all competitors for the phrase “environmental consulting.”
- Business critical services like phase I and phase II site assessments also have earned multiple first page rankings for related keywords.
- Organic search traffic increased by nearly 150% within the first year of work.
- Traffic to their phase keywords pages, a key service they provide, has increased by 307%.
Capital Steel & Wire
Capital Steel & Wire is a supplier of steel bar and steel wire, their products service a number of industries including fastener, forging, machining and construction industries.
Capital Steel was virtually invisible within all of the search engines; their site had no links and they didn’t rank out for any terms of consequence in their industry. Monthly search traffic was only a few hundred visitors.
- Performed an on-site audit to identify the most searched and most relevant keywords for Capital Steel’s products and made substantial website changes to accommodate those keywords.
- Researched competitor backlinks and relevant industry websites that linked out to similar businesses and approached them with link requests.
- Developed new website content to attract links from other relevant industries.
- Gained first page rankings for many of their most targeted products.
- Search traffic has increased by nearly 1000% since the on-site audit was implemented.
Swimtown Pools is an e-commerce company selling a variety of supplies for swimming pools and hot tubs.
Swimtown was looking to build traffic from ground zero. The online store opened at the beginning of 2009 and received only 478 organic search visits for the entire year.
- Performed extensive keyword research and on-page optimization to make the Swimtown site more “Google friendly.”
- Built links to gain ground on companies that had been playing in the space for more than a decade.
- Performed a variety of link building campaigns through 2010 and 2011.
- In 2010, Swimtown grew its year-to-year organic traffic by 2,277%.
- In 2011, Swimtown grew its year-to-year organic traffic by 271%.
- The site’s 2011 sales more than quadrupled the 2010 totals.
SVM Cards is the industry leader in bulk gift card management.
SVM was running its paid search campaign in-house, with moderate success. With the crucial holiday season approaching, SVM wanted to increase the ROI from its paid search initiatives.
- Meticulously applied keyword matching to ensure SVM ad visibility for the best queries.
- Broke down the campaigns and created tight ad groups and ad copy that matched campaign keywords.
- Tested out several landing pages across the same ad copy to test conversion rates.
When measuring the critical two-month holiday time period against the same period in 2012, we:
- Increased click through rate by 294%.
- Increased year-to-year conversions by 257%.
- Reduced cost per conversion by 71%.
- Increased conversion rate by 103%.
CB-HB, Lansing, MI
Coldwell Banker Hubbell Briarwood, or CB-HB, is one of the largest and most prominent real estate firms in Lansing, Michigan.
In January of 2009, CB-HB approached us after undergoing a merger which included combining websites. The new site could not be found anywhere on Google for high volume search terms such as “Lansing real estate,” “Lansing homes for sale,” and similar terms.
- Started with a standard SEO site audit.
- Embarked on a long term link building campaign.
- Targeted several credible sites across the real estate industry in order to obtain quality links.
- Several of CB-HB’s rankings for real estate and homes for sale queries were pushed to the first page of Google’s search results.
- CB-HB gained number two rankings for keywords such as “Lansing real estate.”
- Year-over-year site traffic improved to 16.3%.
- Traffic coming from keyword “Lansing real estate” increased 102.3%.
The Wharton Center for Performing Arts at Michigan State University is a leading performance venue that hosts world class arts and theater performances, including major Broadway shows from New York City each season.
The Wharton Center had two issues. First, it needed a digital supplement to its heavy offline marketing strategy with TV, radio, billboards, print, and direct mail. Additionally, it was struggling with losing ticket sales to third party brokers bidding on Broadway show names. These brokers were flooding the paid ad space on Google, and poaching potential buyers looking for the official Wharton-site for ticket purchase, hurting ticket revenue for the Center.
- For each show, we deploy a digital strategy that includes a paid search campaign for the show to counter third party ticket brokers.
- Bid heavily on branded terms related to the Wharton Center name.
- Deploy an intercept campaign across related theater and arts keywords.
- We utilize a display ad campaign that is geo-targeted to the footprint that Wharton draws from. This campaign uses a combination of local sites, national sites, Broadway and theater sites, as well as sites that fit within the niche of each show’s target demographic.
- Each Broadway show that comes through Wharton is solidly placed between the 1st and 2nd average position on Google – placing it above third party brokers in the critical real estate at the top of search pages.
- Using site extensions, we help “push” broker sites down and get ticket buyers to the official site.
- For placements, our campaigns typically average between .05% and 1.2% click through rates across many prominent national sites such as nytimes.com, and local sites such as detnews.com.
Gordon Food Service
Gordon Food Service is the largest privately owned food distributor in North America. GFS operates from Western Canada to Florida.
GFS had performed a massive overhaul of its website to service both the distribution side of its business as well as its retail locations. With such a huge makeover to their website, they wanted to be certain they maximized their exposure in organic search results.
- Recommended an optimal website taxonomy for search engine indexing.
- Created page by page recommendations for each new section of the website, including meta data, site code, page copy, and internal linking.
- Meticulously laid out a plan to redirect URLs for the site’s new page structure to make sure sites linking to the old GFS site were properly redirected to the most relevant new page on the website.
- Upon launch, the site was able to maintain traffic and keyword rankings for all major keywords and retained strong indexing within all major search engines.
- Within nine months of launch, organic search traffic had increased by over 18%.
DTE Energy Home Protection Plus (HPP) offers protection plans on home appliances as well as repair services for broken-down appliances.
The HPP direct marketing program did not have any digital presence and was getting outpaced by large national competitors in Google search results. Our partners, Dziurman Dzign and ICS Marketing Support Services, coordinated a comprehensive direct marketing program to help gain awareness and new enrollees for HPP.
- Created a comprehensive paid search campaign geo-targeting DTE service areas.
- Focused on appliance repair and protection program-related keywords.
- Incorporated the program’s hot water tank sales and duct cleaning services into the keyword segment of the campaign.
- Launched a large scale ad placement campaign using banner and text ads on-sites matching the program’s target audience.
- Increased traffic to HPP Services and program enroll websites.
- Improved conversions through HPP Enroll to 14%.
- Elevated call rate to an extremely high 32% within both repair and duct cleaning service areas.
Fortson Dentistry has three dental offices in Michigan. They have two in Lathrup Village and one location in Oak Park offering a wide variety of dental services from routine cleanings to dental surgeries.
Dr. Fortson reached out to Netvantage in 2018 to increase his website’s presence on search engines and generate more traffic and visibility for all three locations. Their southeast Michigan locations have a tremendous amount of local competitors and it was difficult to stick out from the crowd.
- Created on-site recommendations for page titles, meta descriptions, headers, and body copy to incorporate target keywords into their site based on our research and competitor insights.
- Optimized Google My Business listings for the locations and staff.
- Updated business citations and made any necessary corrections to ensure accuracy across the web.
- Routinely created blog posts and creative content to drive more traffic and attract links to the site.
- Successfully built new links and citations based on competitor research.
- More than doubled organic search traffic in one year.
- Improved and maintained increased Google rankings for standard search results as well as Google search features and Google map listings.