Job Opportunities in Online Marketing
Full Time Opportunities
Search Marketing Analyst - East Lansing or Grand Rapids, MI
Netvantage Marketing is looking for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst to join our team in either our East Lansing or Grand Rapids, Michigan office. The SEO Analyst is responsible for helping clients improve their visibility and traffic on major search engines. An ideal candidate will have some prior experience in the search engine optimization field. This is an entry–level position with opportunity to advance within our SEO team.
This is a full-time position with benefits and vacation days.
- Creating, editing and optimizing content for websites.
- Compile reports with a solid understanding of Excel spreadsheet formulas.
- Utilize multiple keyword research and web analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, BrightLocal, SEMrush, Whitespark, Majestic SEO).
- Perform competitive SEO analysis.
- Manage multiple clients.
- Monitor organic rankings for high-value keywords.
- Pursuing backlink relationships on behalf of our clients and promoting their content via link building and social media promotion.
- Performing SEO audits including keyword optimization, technical analysis of robots.txt, crawl errors, site speed, etc.
- Perform other optimization duties as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication, writing and verbal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Understanding of white hat SEO concepts and best practices.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent time and task management needed.
- Local search optimization experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands.
- Effective problem solver.
- BA/BS in English, Communications, Marketing or related field is a plus.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specified application location.
We regularly have internship opportunities available at both our Grand Rapids and East Lansing locations. Check back to this page frequently as we employ multiple interns throughout the school year. We receive many interns from the Broad College of Business and the School Of Communications Arts & Sciences at Michigan State University as well as the Seidman School of Business at Grand Valley State University. While those schools have been our primary source of interns, we are certainly open to students from other programs and other schools.
Currently we are seeking an intern to fill vacancies in both offices for the following roles:
Online Marketing Intern - East Lansing
We are looking for a highly motivated college student to assist our SEO team in the East Lansing office. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn about online marketing and how companies market their products and services on the internet.
Strong writing skills are essential for this position. The largest responsibility of this role is assisting with content creation for clients’ websites and email outreach. Another sizable duty is writing blog posts to benefit clients’ rankings. Writing skills are also necessary for auditing client websites and creating and delivering client reports. Additionally, strong Excel skills are beneficial for link building as well as managing and manipulating Google Analytics data using Excel.
With a writing heavy position, a writing sample may be required for hire.
This position requires 15-20 hours per week.
Google AdWords Marketing & Paid Search Intern - East Lansing
We are looking for an intern to assist our PPC team in the East Lansing office. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn and excel in this position. Ideally, the candidate will use this experience to land a career in digital marketing post-graduation, either with Netvantage or in the industry.
Strong organizational, analytic and writing skills are essential for this position. The candidate will be working on client campaigns and assisting in keyword research and ad copy. Candidates will learn to work with the Google AdWords platform, including search, display and retargeting tactics. An additional responsibility of this position is also dedicated to assisting with client search engine optimization audits. Finally, this position will also involve assisting with key monthly client reports. Strong Excel skills are beneficial for AdWords analysis, as well as managing and manipulating Google Analytics data in Excel.
Candidate will be working closely with a Managing Partner of the firm, must be able to work independently and be a self-starter committed to excellence in what they do.
This position requires 15-20 hours per week and is paid.
Online Marketing Intern - Grand Rapids
We are looking for a highly motivated college student to assist our SEO team from our Grand Rapids office. The ideal candidate will have a desire to know how to do business, sell and market products and services online.
This position is available to current students interested in sales, marketing, public relations, and advertising. Responsibilities of this position include managing and manipulating research and data in Excel, developing and delivering client reports, auditing client websites, and performing email outreach on behalf of our clients.
This position requires 15-25 hours per week
If you decide to pursue this opportunity as a credit-bearing internship, you will need to get approval from your academic department prior to the start of the academic semester in which you wish to register for the internship.
Applicants should possess a functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet technologies. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must. Strong analytic thinkers and problem solving skills are also preferred. Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with your specified application location.